How can I promote my baby to sleep through the night/take better naps?

My son is just over 3 months old & he's been a pretty good night sleeper since day 1. He goes to bed at around 8:30pm, wakes at around 1:30am to eat, back to bed by 2:30am & gets up around 7am. We'd LOVE for him to cut out the 1:30am feeding & I know if he's hungry, he's hungry & there's nothing we can do about it...it's developmental more than anything...but is there anything we can do to help him phase out this feed?

Also...although he'd been a decent night sleeper, he's always been a horrible napper. I know babies work out night sleep before day sleep, so it's no wonder...but the hubby & myself are getting frazzled from going in to comfort him/pick him up several times per nap. He might sleep 45 minutes, wakes up screaming, goes back to sleep after we soothe him & then will wake up crying several more times throughout the course of his nap. We've just started weaning him off the pacifier, as he was needing it to be replugged constantly...

Any tips to promote better naps?

-Anonymous

No comments: