Questions About Breastfeeding

Hi, I'm due for a baby in a couple of weeks and am wondering if anyone knows of anyone or place that would be able to help me out when it comes to breastfeeding. I have an older child and was not very successful when it came to breastfeeding. I know they can help you and the clinic at the hospital but with a 2 year old to bring along too I don't know how successful that would be. I've also heard of people that come into your house but hear they are pretty expensive and am on a fixed income. But, I thought I would atleast check to see if anyone has heard of someone or something that I haven't.

-Anonymous

3 comments:

*Candace* said...

I believe the nurses that come into your home are through VON....i had them come in and it didn't cost anything( they contacted me when i was in hospital)... i also believe there is a breatfeeding program through UNB nursing faculty so you could give them a call ..the nurses in the hospital do a great job at helping you also and the breastfeeding clinic there is an excellent resource.

Anonymous said...

Im sure if you are having trouble at the hospital you can stay another night to make sure you have the hang of it. Here;s a tip though. Ask for help from an older nurse. They just have a way, instead of 20 something nurses who really don.t

Anonymous said...

The breastfeeding clinic at the hospital is WONDERFUL!!!!! They will help you out for as long as you need it and even if you haven't been in to them for a while and a problem arises, they will still help you out as your child gets bigger. The nurses are GREAT!!!!! They also have a little spot set up for play in case you need to bring along a sibling to your appointment. I have done that before. I had my 2 year old come along with our newborn when I had no one to look after her. Best of luck. They are definitely a great resource to make use of as much as possible.